2021 CHRISTINA – ROSE (750ML)
Tasting Notes: a beautiful image of its variety, this GruVe mingles apple, bright acidity and peppery undertones in just the right proportions. Pairs great with fried chicken and light fish and seafood, or go for Wiener Schnitzel if you feel like a full-on Austrian experience is needed.
Owner and Winemaker: Christina Netzl and her family
Practicing organics (awaiting certification)
Grape varieties: Gruner Veltliner
- The Netzl family has lived and farmed in the very same village since 1650
- Having helped her family with running the mixed farm and vineyards since an early age, Christina knew she wanted to be a winemaker already at the tender age of five
- Inspired by the quality of the natural wines she discovered while living in London and the birth of her two daughters, Christina decided to turn the whole property organic in 2013 and started her own range of natural wines two years later
- The labels of the wines are a tribute to the beneficiary insects that inhabit the vineyards where they help manage pests and build soil health and biodiversity
- The whole family lives and makes wine in the same charming house – a veeery long building running from the street straight up to the cellar and one of their vineyards!
Out of stock