View Delivery Locations
Fresh Herb and Grain Salad with Feta
$0.99 – $29.57
(The “Viral” Jennifer Aniston recipe!)
Makes ~4-6 Servings
- 1 cup Farro, uncooked (You can use any grain here, bulgur, quinoa, or no grain at all)!
- 2 cups water (We like to cook in Hale Bone Broth, it adds so much flavor, and nutrients!)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced small
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup chickpeas/ garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
- 1 block Sheep’s Milk Feta, crumbled or chopped (optional)
- 2-3 large lemons, squeezed, or to taste
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Cook the Farro (or other grain of choice): Place the Farro, water (or broth) and a pinch of salt (if using water) in a medium-large pot. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover. Simmer gently for 12-15 minutes until cooked. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl and let cool. You do not want the grains to be warm/ hot when you add it to the other fresh ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add the red onion, parsley, mint, dill, pistachios, cucumbers, chickpeas, feta, lemon juice (add a little at a time, to taste) and salt + pepper to taste.
- Finished salad will keep about 4 days in a covered container in the refrigerator, but some of the ingredients may become mushy after 2-3 days.