Did you miss the fall fair as much as we did? Our favorite part of the fair is the food – bloomin’ onions, cotton candy, turkey legs, and CORN DOGS! This easy recipe is fun, and family friendly. Bring the fair home and enjoy this seasonal treat today. Then go follow Jackie for more amazing recipes!
- 1 cup of all purpose flour, spooned and leveled into the cup
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sour milk*
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 Sticks
*For sour milk; you can use buttermilk or 1 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar + milk until it reaches 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 convection (390 for air fryer)
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt) in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, the egg, and the sour milk. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet. The batter will be thick. Try not to over mix the batter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place one stick into each hotdog
- Using a spoon cover the hot dogs with the batter
- Repeat this process for all of the hotdogs, placing them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for a total of 20 minutes, rotating the pan 1/2 way through. Allow to cool slightly before serving and/or slicing, and don’t forget the ketchup and mustard!