Comfort food from home, made easy. To keep things simple, we add fresh fruit or one of the many local artisan jams we offer. If you haven’t experienced our locally crafted jams, we dare you to just try one. Between Lyman’s, Blake Hill Preserves, and V Smiley Jams — we simply can’t pick a favorite. You be the judge!
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, grated
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus more for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the butter and toss with the flour. Add the buttermilk and honey, and mix until just combined, adding more buttermilk if needed.
3. Roll the dough out into a 1 inch rectangle and cut into 9-12 biscuits. Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each with buttermilk. Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool slightly before filling.
5. To make the cream. Whip the mascarpone and cream together until stiff peaks form. Fold in the honey.
6. To assemble, slice each biscuit in half. Add a dollop of cream and spoon the strawberries overtop. Add mint and finish by adding the top of the biscuit. Enjoy!