View Delivery Locations
Another March Health Madness recipe from Mona Dolgov and her new SATISFY cookbook. This recipe is packed with omega-3’s, making it heart and brain healthy. No processed anything or extra sugar found in these granola bars (hint hint: like the ones found in grocery stores). Please meet your new go-to breakfast/snack!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of a 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together oats, almonds, cherries, chocolate chips, flaxseed and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together egg whites, sugar, almond butter, honey and salt.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spread across the bottom of prepared baking dish. Place a sheet of plastic wrap over top and use your hands to firmly press the granola down into the dish, packing it as tightly as possible. Discard plastic wrap.
- Bake 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, remove from baking dish and cut the warm granola bars in half vertically and into 5 rows horizontally. Cool completely before serving.