Easy Sirloin Fondue
Just when you thought a sirloin steak couldn’t get any better – Isabelle comes to the NECM kitchen and wraps it in mozzarella. Silly simple, and unbelievably delicious.
- Fresh Mozzarella slices
- 1 Prime Sirloin Steak
- Salt, Pepper, and Olive Oil
- Peel each clove of garlic. Use aluminum foil to form a pocket and place garlic cloves within pocket. Top with a generous amount of olive oil, and seal
- Bake in an oven at 350F for 15-20minutes
- Use a paper towel to pat dry the steak
- Place steak in a bag with rosemary leaves, olive oil, pepper and add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Let marinate for 5 minutes
- Heat grill to medium high heat and place your sirloin onto the grill, press down lightly
- Cook one side for 2 minutes, flip the steak and cook the other side for 1-1.5 minutes, or until desired doneness
- Take steak off the grill and let rest on a cutting board
- Keep the grill on medium high, place 1 slice of mozzarella cheese on a small cheese gilling pan (or you can make a small dish with aluminum foil) and watch it slowly melt, stir intermittently
- Remove the garlic cloves from the oven and slice the steak into bite size strips. With a fork, dip the steak and garlic cloves (optional) into the cheese and pull up to wrap the cheese around the steak – repeat and enjoy!