Your family will thank you for this one — and there’s no heavy lifting either! This homemade alfredo from our local partner Lilly’s Fresh Pasta is quick, easy, and rivals your favorite alfredos found in the North End. We add spinach and tomatoes for a dash of freshness & flavor — add chicken or shrimp for protein!
Pairs well with:
White – A White Pairing: 2020 Les Rocailles – Vin De Savoie Apremont. A dry feather-light white subtle enough paired with simpler lighter dishes, but also enough flavor to sit next to heartier winter dishes. We call these winter whites!
Red – A Red Pairing: 2018 Long Meadow Ranch Farmstead Cabernet Sauvignon. Bright, lively and slightly sweet with notes of red berry and cherry. Light enough to pair well with a cream sauce!
Rose – 2020 Swick Wines Rose of Pinot Noir. A very fresh bottling from the 2020 harvest. Lovely raspberry and cranberry notes, steely acidity and long dry finish. If we’re being honest, we love this with everything!
- 1 pound fresh pasta of choice (we love Lilly’s Fresh Bucatini)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 10 fl. oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. Parmigiano
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Sautéed Fresh Spinach & Sliced Tomatoes (optional)
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir slowly over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Prepare pasta according to instructions and add to sauce; stir over medium heat until pasta and sauce are well incorporated. If sauce gets too thick or sticky, add pasta cooking water a tablespoon-full at a time.
- Once desired texture is reached, add freshly sautéed tomatoes, spinach (or protein)