For the month of March we helped the NECM family develop more holistic habits from home via our March Health Madness Campaign. To help with inspiration, we partnered with nutritional strategist, Mona Dolgov. Each week in March she provided us with recipes from her new SATISFY cookbook. Her balsamic salmon recipe is a fan favorite, and we put most of the ingredients in a recipe kit to make recreating it at home easy.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 2 fresh salmon fillets (about 4-ounces each)
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato (1 large potato)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Let the air fryer preheat at 380°F for 3 minutes before cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, orange zest, and rosemary.
- Toss salmon fillets in the oil and vinegar mixture, shake off any excess, and set aside.
- Add brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and chopped bell pepper to the remaining oil and vinegar mixture in the mixing bowl and toss to lightly coat. Arrange at the bottom of the preheated air fryer.
- Top the vegetables with the salmon and lightly season all with salt and pepper.
- Let cook for 8 minutes, or until salmon easily flakes with a fork. Remove salmon and place under foil as you finish the vegetables.
- Put the vegetables in the air fryer basket, raise the cooking temperature to 400°F and continue cooking for 4 minutes, just until potatoes begin to brown.
- Serve salmon over top of the cooked vegetables.