We pride ourselves on a menu that is always changing, growing, and inspired by the season. Parsnips mean one thing, SPRING! To celebrate we created a super simple, sweet yet earthy apple & parsnip soup. Our apples and parsnip soup pair well with a grilled cheese, chips, or fresh bread for dipping!
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 green apples – peeled, cored, and cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- 6 cups veggie broth
- 1 russet potato, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread parsnips and apples out onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss to coat.
- Roast in preheated oven until parsnips and apples are tender and caramelized around the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Stir apple-parsnip mixture, chicken broth, and potato together in a large pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree apple mixture with an immersion blender until soup is smooth. Stir cream into soup and season with cayenne pepper and salt; cook until heated through, 2 to 5 minutes.