Roasted Vanilla Stone Fruit with Toasted Almonds
Stone fruits, such as apricots and peaches, are easy to roast, turning into a beautiful, impressive dessert with very little work.
- Six apricots or peaches, or a combination of the two
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, cardamom, or a mixture of the two
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons Botanical Springs Maple Syrup or honey
- Ice cream of your choice (optional)
- Toasted almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the spices and maple syrup together in a small bowl.
- Cut the apricots and/or peaches in half and remove the stones from the center.
- Stir the fruit together with the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Move the contents of the fruit bowl into a baking dish, with the fruit cut side up, including all of the liquid.
- Drizzle the syrup and spices mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes. This dessert is best when the fruit is slightly soft and warm, but not mushy.
- Arrange fruit in bowls, and top with toasted almonds and ice cream.