Need Help? Text HELLO to (844) 710-6857
Healthy, hearty, and packed with flavor! This vegetarian version of the family favorite soup is sure to impress even the most difficult of nonbelievers. Meatless meals are JUST as good as meat-packed meals. Take Katie’s word for it!
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled + diced)
- 3 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz) of diced tomatoes
1. Soak dry beans overnight in salted water. They will absorb the water and should yield about 4 cups of beans total. If you are using canned beans – no need to soak! Just use 1 can each of pinto and black beans (drained).
2. Heat Dutch oven or large pot on medium high and add oil. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add sweet potato, garlic, and all of the spices. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add broth, beans, diced tomatoes, and salt to the pot. Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 90 min to 2 hours. The longer the better to develop flavor!
4. Serve as is or top with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, or avocado!